Chief Information Security Officer
Kansas City, MO, USA
Listen to Cindi’s Podcast!
Inspiration & Intention
“My purpose is deeply rooted in human safety, to inspire a safe and secure cyber existence by bringing together the people, processes, and technologies to protect the security and privacy of each individual.”
Cindi Carter is a global, multi-industry Cybersecurity and Information Technology Executive with more than 15 years of experience as a transformational leader for both startups and enterprises. Cindi’s expertise includes building Cybersecurity practices in highly regulated industries, turning strategic goals into actionable outcomes, influencing a “secure from the start” culture, developing secure architecture & engineering platforms, and highly collaborative engagement (C-Suite, Board, Clients and Industry) for managing risk.
At Check Point Software Technologies, Cindi is a Chief Information Security Officer in the Office of the CISO, committed to helping other CISOs achieve success in both strategic and tactical initiatives. Cindi possesses a firm grasp of the challenges surrounding the security, privacy, and risk management landscape, and is a trusted advisor within Check Point as well as our customers.
More recently, Cindi was the CISO for IntSights Cyber Threat Intelligence, where she was responsible for driving the company’s internal security initiatives, as well as serving as an external-facing advisor and subject matter expert in the areas of threat intelligence, cybersecurity resilience and risk management. Cindi also served as VP and Chief Security Officer at MedeAnalytics, a healthcare analytics software-as-a-service (SaaS) leader, and prior to that Cindi was the Deputy Chief Information Security Officer at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City.
Cindi is the founding President of Women in Security – Kansas City. She was honored as part of SC Media magazine’s “Women to Watch in Cyber Security” list, and was also featured in Cybersecurity Venture’s book, “Women Know Cyber: 100 Fascinating Females Fighting Cybercrime.” She presents at nationwide conferences, local chapters, and webinars including SecureWorld, RSA Conference, HIMSS, Evanta CxO Summit, and B-Sides. Cindi holds several recognized IT, security, and project management certifications and has a Master of Science degree in Information Technology and a Bachelor of Science degree in Management Information Systems, both from Central Michigan University.
~ Cindi Carter
- Security Strategy
- Security Operations: Incident Response, Vulnerability Management, Threat Intelligence
- Security Architecture, Engineering, & Application Security (SDLC, DevSecOps, Cloud)
- Security Education and Culture Creator
- Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC): HITRUST, ISO 27001, SOC, FedRAMP, Third Party Risk Management
- Legal, Privacy, & Sales Support: RFPs, Contracts, HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR, NHS
My CliftonStrengths® Profile Top 10:
Industry Collaboration & Recognition
- Founding President and Board Member: Women in Security-Kansas City 501(c)3 (www.wiskc.org)
- Infragard Member: Kansas City Chapter (www.infragard.org)
- Advisory Boards: University of Missouri Cybersecurity Center (www.engineering.missouri.edu), Identify Security (www.identifysecurity.com), B-Sides Kansas City (www.bsideskc.org), SecureWorld (www.secureworldexpo.com)
- Recipient of SC Media magazine’s “Women to Watch in Cyber Security 2018” award
- Featured in Cybersecurity Venture’s book, “Women Know Cyber: 100 Fascinating Females Fighting Cybercrime”
Cyber Security Leadership Podcast “Security Leadership – Episode 9” with Yaron Levi and Jeff Snyder
RSA Conference; SecureWorld Keynote Speaker & Panelist; WhiteHat Security; Dark Reading/InSecurity; Interop; BSides KC; Blue Cross Blue Shield National Summit; Cerner Security Summit.