The COVID-19 pandemic has scaled back office work with remote IT resources. Now we have moved our work home but always with one foot in our cubicle.
How to deal with the fact of working at home, while being aware of things around the house? It would definitely be crazy if the tools that would make this easier for us weren’t available.
How do remote IT resources help us in a pandemic?
Remote IT resources lead us to the concept of the hybrid office, away from headquarters but virtually there. Now, can you do without the office completely? Not really. Let’s see the reasons:
- The prestige that the office gives to the company, its image and the trust it generates is irreplaceable.
- In the virtual environment it is impossible to fully recreate personal interaction.
- The development of the human team could be increased in the office environment.
- There are risks to data security.
Benefits of IT and remote work
Given this, the benefits of IT and remote work are also undeniable:
- Operating costs go down.
- The finding of foreign talent is facilitated.
- Less time wasted in traffic jams on the way to the office.
- The less work interruption, the higher the productivity rate.
- Business does not stop.
What remote IT resources do we have?
Many useful options are available. Let see some of them:
Chrome Remote Desk
- It is free and is already installed in the browser.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Installing a security PIN will prevent another user from entering your computer.
- Fast and optimal option for small and large companies.
- You can enter from your mobile or desktop, informing you at the time of any situation that arises.
- The only one with real-time access to iOS and Android. You can manage them from a mobile or desktop computer.
Apple Remote Desktop
- Very safe application.
- Control and monitor Mac computers.
- It executes automation tasks.
- It creates reports and manage files.
- You can only access Mac computers, being its only limitation.
- No installation or router configuration required.
- You can run multiple screens and connections.
- The data is encrypted.
- Its use is easy and light.
- Meeting tool.
- You can customize the interface.
- It works for iOS, Android and Windows.
- Designed for large companies.
- Only one executable file is required.
- Secure transfer of data in remote assistance.
- Remote file recovery and execution of any software 24/7.
- Ideal for online presentations and distance classes.
- Voice chat.
- Adjustable authentication process for added security.
- It allows the exchange of screen content between users.
- Excellent for virtual meetings and presentations.
- It works with any browser.
- It has an intuitive interface.
- Sessions can be recorded.
- Its functions are customizable.
- Up to 25 users can join the same team.
- Available in Home and Business version.
- The connection is fast.
- Data encrypted with TLS and AES.
- It allows interconnection of equipment to transmit audio and video with low latency.
- iOS and Android versions.
- Simple and fast configuration.
- Excellent for beginners.
- You can access files and Windows desktops from your mobile device.
- Screen sharing online.
- Simple file transfer.
We will have a hybrid office
This concept is here to stay, because working with remote IT resources has been shown to remain productive. Even so, companies are also taking into account the voice of their human capital.
These are the hybrid work trends according to a Microsoft study:
- Redesigning the office to hybrid is already inevitable.
- 66% of managers are transforming their offices into hybrids.
- 73% of those who do office work prefer the flexibility of telecommuting.
- 67% of these want collaborative work in person at the end of the pandemic.
Many people have had a great experience working remotely. However, for others it has been disconcerting, so they have to be heard. The solution may be to make the hybrid office, each one who decides whether to attend it or work from home.